Saturday, April 9, 2011

Barbecuing!

I'm sorry for not posting yesterday, but I really did not have anything to tell. I was just getting up for uni, had class until lunch time and had lunch together with one of my class mates in the cafeteria. The I came home, was not doing anything special and went then for an evening walk through the woods, which was really nice. The evening I stayed home, I didn't feel like going to a 70's party.

Anyways, today I slept long, had lazy breakfast and then fixed myself to go to the shops. I walked with my big travel backpack through Bad Honnef to Aldi to do my weekly grocery shopping. It was still kinda fresh outside, which was good, since I wasn't sweating; The walk to Aldi is always downhill with an empty backpack, the way back, though, is always uphill with a full backpack.

After I had stored all the groceries at home I was sitting around at home and talked to A. for a while. Then I started cooking. The problem really is, that it is hard to cook for one or even two persons; the cans and portions are just too big. Let's take chopped tomatoes for example, they come in 400g cans; for a tomato sauce you need maximum 100g chopped tomatoes per person. Since you wont keep a half full tin (for what else, but tomato sauce would you use it), you can either throw it away of make sauce for 4 persons.

Anyways, I'm getting carried away. So, since it is so hard to cook small portions I made a huge portion of casserole for me. I did that also in Norway quite often, that I was cooking on Saturday a lot and then ate the whole weekend from it. Not very diversified, but what can you do as a virtually single guy with a gourmet cook and connoisseur as flatmate.
In the afternoon one of my colleagues from university invited for the evening to her place for barbecuing. We had been grilling at her place in the earlier semesters quite often. She is living in a house directly at the Rhein with a terrace literally at the Rhein. I had been walking past the house before and saw, that they were reconstructing the terrace, now that she invited I though the terrace was done and this would be kind of and inauguration barbecuing.
I wanted to walk to the house, which is on the other side of Bad Honnef, about half an hour by foot away. So I packed my things in my backpack and made my way through the town. I was stopping by the shop to get some meat and beer for the barbecue and then walked along the Rhein to the house. When I arrived the terrace at the Rhein was still under construction and I found the guys sitting directly at the house, which was also nice!
 
We spent the evening grilling, drinking and talking. It was nice to be there again, like so many times before. It didn't really matter, that we were not sitting directly above the water, we were enjoying the sun anyways, the meat and beer tasted anyways good and we anyways had a lot of fun talking.
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment