Monday, April 4, 2011

Long Weekend in HH!

Now I finally found the time and energy to write here again. During the weekend in Hamburg I simply didn't had the time. I rather wanted to enjoy the good weather and the time with A. - who can blame me?! Yesterday after returning to Bad Honnef I was simply too knackered to write, but now after a good night sleep I am back!

After writing the post on Friday I had some lunch, relaxed a bit and went then to the city to pick up A. from work. She finished a bit earlier and so we met already in the staircase of her office building. We went out and headed again to Saturn to buy a camera bag for A's new camera. The old camera was smaller and so the bag was too small.

After the short shopping trip we walked through the city and were just enjoying the buzzing city life on a Friday afternoon. We bought a Streuselschnecke and ate it while walking. When it started raining we decided to go back to the flat to sit down a bit.
On the way back we reconsidered and made a detour to the grocery shop to get something to cook dinner later on. When we were back we basically started cooking straight away, since we were so hungry. We had planned to go out in the evening for a drink, but after the dinner we decided to stay in.
 
The Saturday started lazy, with breakfast and coffee. The weather was really good and we were sitting in the open kitchen window in the sun, looking at the people on the street. Soon we fixed ourselves and made our way down to St. Pauli. We were strolling along the Reeperbahn down to Landungsbrücken, the area down by the Elbe, where the harbor tours start.
The sun was burning and it got really hot. We walked along the water line towards Hafen City, an area of the harbor where old storage houses are turned into luxury apartments and offices. At one of the bridges were two ice parlors and since it was so warm we bought one. The sun, the water and the ice cream made the summer feeling perfect and we sat down on a bench at the water line and were sunbathing.
 
We headed back to the apartment to have something to eat. After the dinner we wanted to enjoy the last bit of the good weather and were walking through Eppendorf to the Alster, where many people were sitting on the lawn, were grilling and talking. We had brought two beers and sat down on a bench enjoying the view over the water.
In the evening we went to one of A's friends from Hamburg. We met up at their flat and were talking and drinking there. After some time we headed to the city to Sternschanze where we went into a bar/club called Haus III & 70. We were dancing a bit and then headed to St. Pauli, where we hit the Reeperbahn and did some bar hopping. It was nice and funny; we were having cheap shots in a transvestite-bar and were dancing in the super crowded BarbaraBar. It was a nice evening, but after some time we headed home, since A's feet were hurting. 

The Sunday was short. I had set the alarm at 11 o'clock and just after 5 hours of sleep we got up again. Were trying to cure the hangover and I packed my stuff. Then we headed to Hamburg-Harburg where I met K. a guy from my university, who had offered a lift back home. So I said "see you later" to A. and off we were. After just 4 hours we were back in Bad Honnef, I was knackered and spent the rest of the evening hanging around. I was just too tired to do anything.

Anyways, the weekend was nice and I know that I will like Hamburg as a city. I hope I will find a job there in the summer after writing my thesis and I hope that A. and I will find a flat together!

Now I am here in Bad Honnef, just came back from grocery shopping and will eat soon. I have to leave to uni for 2 o'clock and then have to be there until 18.15. I hope it will be interesting. At the moment I am already fed-up with university and somehow can't wait to start working again. This is just so much better than reading boring academic texts!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment