Friday, February 4, 2011

Dull Life!

I am sorry for not writing for such a long time! But I have my reasons; my life is super dull at the moment and since I am anyways not doing anything worth telling about I am also not in the mood to write here!

I moved back to my hometown and back into my childhood home, which meant giving up a lot of freedom. Don't get me wrong, I am liking the fact that the fridge is always full, my clothes are always clean and the food is ready well before I have to leave for work. But to be honest, this is exactly what annoys me, this is exactly what I am sick and tired of already!
I moved out nearly four years ago and was - with a short intermission when coming from my internship on Tenerife - living not at home and also not in my hometown. I was living in Bad Honnef, where my university is, in Helsinki for my year abroad and in Oslo for my second internship. I was used to buy my own food, to cook for myself and to make sure that I had something clean to wear every day. I was free and - more or less - independent!

Now I am back home and, as I said, gave up this freedom. Most of the people I had contact with moved away from Aachen and to the few that stayed I have basically no contact to. I also have no real motivation to call them; the weather is gray and rainy all the time and I am spending most of the day working or can't stay out long, since I have to get up at 4 a.m., when having the morning shift. After working mornings I am too knackered to do anything; A vicious circle!
Also work is not giving me anything. I am working in a airline catering company and doing a very brain-dead job. I am not really the solely physical worker anyways, I always need to use my head too otherwise I get bored. This job is really not my think and I dislike it a lot! But I do not really have a choice right now; OK, I could just quit, but then I would be without a job and without money. And actually this was the main purpose I went back home: to earn some money and have no expenses when living at my parent's.

Anyways, my life is quite dull, as I said! A. is gone to Gran Canaria, lazing in the sun and I am here in the gray and cold Germany not doing anything. I am living with my parents again, who I really appreciate and especially for the fact, that I can use my mum's car all day long without her minding. But I know I annoy them quite a bit and they annoy me as well. During the last years of not living at home I grew up and developed my own rhythms and - mostly bad - habits. They are not always easy to cope with and especially for my parents it's hard, now that I am intruding their life again!

I really hope, that I will survive the next three weeks at work and that I wont be bored to death! I hope also, that my parents wont throw me out and that I am not annoying them too much. I hope further, that A. will find a job here in Germany close-by and that we can move together in a flat there! This is it; Three wishes for the next couple of months, I think I didn't ask too much!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment