Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thinking about the Future!

Today, after a good night sleep, A. and I got up at 9.30 and had breakfast! I had set an alarm today since we didn't wanted to sleep the whole day, but go out and use the day. We wanted to go to the Master's Open Day at the Maastrich University.
Both A. and I were interested in a study course and I was also eager to show the beautiful city of Maastricht to her. So we took my dad's car and made our way over the border to Holland and drove the 30-something kilometers to Aachen's neighboring city. I was in a really good mood since I am off work now and soon my uni starts and I will use my brain again! Also there were certain drawbacks while working; since the company was producing food there are strict regulations what the staff can and can not wear while working. I had to cut off all my bracelets and couldn't wear my watch for weeks. Now finally I could put on the bracelets A. brought me from her holiday on Gran Canaria and was also wearing my watch.
Anyways, we came to Maastricht early, parked the car and went for a stroll around the city. We walked along the old city wall and found a street with a (literally) hilarious street name - the Dutch are a very funny nation somehow!
We walked on, crossed the Maas and walked along the street. After some time we turned back and walked to the main square where there was a carnival-brass-band playing happy music. With this good mood we finally went to the university, we registered, got a welcome bag (which later on got quite useful) and went straight to the Lecture Hall, where one of the presentations was about to start. It was a funny feeling sitting in an auditorium again and listening to a lecturer holding a PowerPoint presentation.
After two presentations and a complimentary snack at the university we decided to leave. We were hungry and wanted to grab something to eat. Unfortunately the weather had changed, it was pouring and so we reconsidered and decided to go home instead. On the way to the car the welcome bag was then used as an umbrella, since neither A. nor I had a proper one or even a hood.

Back in Aachen we went to the supermarket, bought some food and had a late lunch. After that we talked about A's job offer in Hamburg, had some rum and tea and were playing the game Rummikub. Now we just had dinner with my parents and will relax. Tomorrow we all are going to Siegen to meet my grandma and after that we will head to Bad Honnef; one person is moving into one of the flats we own there!
After all the day was really nice; so sad, that the weather changed and we could not see more of the city! But there will be another time, for sure!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment