Saturday, February 19, 2011

24

Today is my birthday! Not that I care so much about it, since I just change the number when somebody asks me for my age, but somehow it is worth mentioning. I didn't had anything planned for the day and so A. and I slept long this morning and had lazy breakfast.

After that we decided to go to the Carolus Thermen, a thermal bath here in Aachen. The city of Aachen was basically founded because of the thermal springs and the hot sulfur-water rising from the ground. This water is easing all kinds of afflictions and Charlemagne (lat.: Carolus => hence the name of the bath) was suffering from some health problems; therefore he settled in this region!

Anyways, it was very nice and relaxing in the bath. Shortly after we got home my brother and his girlfriend stopped by to congratulate and we had some cake my mum had made earlier today. The rest of the afternoon A. and I were chilling at home and I got a pair of cuff links from her; now I need new shirts!!
Now we just had a very nice dinner with my parents and soon we will head out to the city. Just for some cocktails and later to the Guinness House.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment