Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family Trip!

This morning we had to get up early! We were going on a trip with the whole "family"; my parents, my brother & his girlfriend S., A. and me! We went with two cars to visit my grandma, the mother of my dad in Siegen, some two hours from Aachen! As I said, it was quite early and so A. had a nap in the car.
We went with two cars, since we were six people and we do not have such a big car. When we arrived at the retirement home, where my grandma lives, my brother and S. were not there yet, but arrived shortly after. We went up to my grandma's room, but she wasn't there and so we looked for her and found her sleeping in a chair in one of the common rooms. My dad carefully woke her and after realizing who was waking her she was super happy to see all of us!
 
 
We stayed some time with her and then went for lunch at a Chinese restaurant in town. Earlier, when my grandma was still living in her own flat we had been to this restaurant every time we visited her since they had a huge lunch buffet. Also this time, basically as a tradition, we went there and were eating so much from the buffet and from the front-cooking-station. It was amazing!

After lunch we headed to Bad Honnef, the town I am studying in. My family owns three flats there, my dad two and my brother one, which we are renting out to students of my university. Today one student wanted to move in and my father and my brother wanted to do something in the flats. Since we were in the car anyways we had no choice but going with them. However, after some time in the flat I got bored and went with A. and S. to have a walk and a coffee in town.
On the way to Bad Honnef!
It was nice to walk around and get some fresh air, but also to see my university again and to see all the changes that had happened during my absence. The city was deserted, since most of the students are not back yet and also since it is Sunday today! I am actually not moving back to Bad Honnef (as it looks right now) and actually I am a bit sad about this decision; my last hope is, that the person being interested in the last spare room decides not to take it. Right now I am really hoping he wont take it, but my gut feeling tells a different story!

Anyways, I'll be good and right now I am having a beer with my lovely A.! I will finish writing, will upload the pictures and then I guess we'll watch a movie! This was somehow a weird, but good day!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment