Thursday, June 24, 2010

Midsummer Getaway

A couple of hours ago I just came back to the house in Ekenäs. We have been away for 2 1/2 days with the boat of A's father. I really like this boat and especially to go out to the archipelago with it.The trip was to celebrate midsummer and also to just get away again. Especially since I don't have anything to do here in Ekenäs it was a good variation of my daily life. When we left the weather didn't look too promising. It was cool and cloudy, but the closer we got to the edge of the archipelago, the better the weather got.When we arrived at the island we wanted to stay on it was already late afternoon. The weather was so nice and warm, that we changed to summer clothes. We went around the island, were sitting a bit in the sun and then had dinner, grilled fish, on the boat. After the dinner we went to the island again to have a couple of beers on the rocks, while watching the sun go down and the moon come up.The next day we were sleeping long, had a nice breakfast in the sun and were sun bathing and relaxing basically the whole day. I was getting the first sun burn of the year and felt how much I needed to do nothing at all. I do not have anything to do here in Ekenäs neither, but this "doing nothing" is rather exhausting than relaxing.In the evening, while having dinner, the wind was getting stronger and since "Kennedy", the boat, was too heavy for the pier, we decided to relocate her and search for new anchor-spot.When we arrived to the spot it was already pretty late, but A. and I decided to take the rowing boat still to the island to take a short walk around. On the way back we still took some nice photos, since the scenery was so picturesque.The next morning we again slept long, had a nice breakfast in the sun, were sun bathing and then started going back to Ekenäs. Actually we left earlier than expected and so A. and I still had the opportunity to go to the shop and buy some food for the next weekend.Now A. is having a siesta and I am looking at the pictures. It was a really nice trip again and I really needed that. I am super happy, that the summer finally is here and I can work on my tan.One more thing happened, when I came back. I got my contracts from the company in Oslo, where I hope to do my internship and now I am just waiting for my university to approve the placement. I hope there will be no further complications and I can start searching for flats in Oslo soon.~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment