Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back to Normal!

I am back in Bad Honnef since Sunday evening, but haven't been writing yet, because I was too tired and also wasn't really in the mood. I came back after a really nice time in Hamburg and feel now a bit displaced; I really don't feel like being in Bad Honnef anymore!
Anyways, after my last post A. and I still had some good days. We had a really good time. We had a two viewings during the days and for one flat we actually got an OK. Now we are already tenants and have our own small flat in Hamburg. And the best thing is, that the former tenant left so much stuff in the flat, that you basically could move in already without bringing ANYTHING! She even left linen.
The part of the city is called Uhlenhorst, which means "owl-nest" and is just 5 minutes walk from the Alster, the big lake in the middle of the city. The area is rather good and there are rich people living there; that's why we fit in so well! It also has a lot of small bars and cafés by the canals and on each street corner. I know we will like it there!
Moving some stuff to the new flat!
Anyways, I am now back in Bad Honnef, after a rather exhausting ride from Hamburg. I actually started writing this post this morning, but then had too much to do for uni and now I am finishing it in the evening.
So the day was nice, I worked for uni again, was reading and went for a lecture. Then in the afternoon I talked to A. and we booked our hotel and flights to Prague in June. We had gotten the trip from my parents for Christmas (talking about rich) and now finally decided to do it directly after my midterm exams, since this will be the least busy time for me presumably!
I talked to my flat mate S. about it, while eating the delicious dinner he had cooked for us, and he already gave me the name and address of a very good traditional restaurant in the city. I have been to Prague before and loved it. It is such a beautiful city and I cant wait to get back there.

Now I am going to finish. I am quite tired and will watch some Modern Family, have a shower and then go to bed. I hope that I find the motivation to write more often again; right now it is running very smoothly I have to say, so let's hope I can keep that writing-mood up!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment