Saturday, March 20, 2010

Keeping Track

This is day 2 of being off! Now that it is weekend I cant do anything about my internships and so I was sleeping long this morning. Got up round 12.30 and since then I am more or less doing nothing.

I was reading the news paper online and was searching for stuff on the internet. Since the weather here is still disgusting, that's basically the only thing you can do. Also regarding my current money situation there is nothing I could do about it. I mean, of course I am well off, but since I know that next weekend is going to be pretty expensive I am right now saving a bit. Further there is always a difference between money you have and money you wanna spend.

I started now to track my expenses, since all the small expenses, like coffee and one beer more in the bar, add up and let you spend quite much per month. Yesterday, for example, I was invited by J. to her place to have dinner with some guys. After that the others wanted to go out, but I did not really feel like it. I finally agreed to join them, since they anyways just wanted to go to a bar where there is normally no entrance fee. I think you know where it is going now. Yes, you are right; When we arrived there was some kind of concert going on and the entrance fee would have been 9€. So we reconsidered and went somewhere else.

I actually planed for the evening to go to the bar and maybe drink one beer or even nothing. However, since it was Friday evening, every place had an entrance fee. The others then finally decided to go into one club, but I didn't go with them. So instead of paying 5€ for the entrance of a club, where I didn't wanted to go, I left home. Even tho I did not go with them the whole evening, I had a great time. I think it is the small amounts of money you don't spend, that make the big difference. Especially here in Finland, where the living costs are anyways over the top it is important to be aware of you money situation.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment