Monday, March 15, 2010

Awesome Weekend!!!

This weekend went fast! It's Monday today and I had a presentation in uni this morning. After that I went to work, to earn some more money! Now I am back here, booked my laundry time for tomorrow and thought, that I could write my blog again!

As I said, the weekend went pretty fast! I reckon it's because my brother was here and we were really active. He arrived on Thursday morning/noon. I went to the airport to pick him up and it was really good to see him again. The weather was wonderful, so we quickly went to Kannelmäki, where he left his stuff, then to the uni in Pasila to have lunch and then to Helsinki center, where I showed him around a bit. Sadly the weather then changed, it got windy, really cold and eventually it started snowing. So we went back to my place, where I him, since I had to go to my Swedish class. My Swedish btw. is doing good (I think/hope), today at work I was talking to one of the girls in Swedish. Anyways, when I returned from class A. had also arrived "home" and we spent the evening together, F. cooked and we had a good time talking.

The next day we got up early, as we had to catch the ferry to Tallinn. I wanted to show this city to F. because I liked it, I wanted to see it in winter and also, that he could put another flag into the map of cities he visited. We were walking around, had a coffee in a nice café and then went back to the boat. Tallinn is not so big and so five hours are more than enough to see the whole city... especially in winter! However, on the boat back to Helsinki we had dinner and suddenly there was an announcement, that if there was a doctor aboard he should come as quickly as possible to the bar. Something had happened there and when F. went outside to take some pictures of the sun down, he was told to leave the deck, since they expected an helicopter. We, as we are all in a way "tourists" were waiting outside to see the helicopter, but eventually, after what felt like three hours in the cold, we realized, that the helicopter was canceled. So no action on the boat, as expected. Anyways, A. and I then went to the Eckerö Market and bought booze for Pampas, a student festival in Vaasa, which is in the end of March.

On Saturday F. and I got up early again and went to Pasila, where we met up with a group of students, and from there to Kirkkonummi. Helga, the student's union of Haaga-Helia, had organized a winter sports day for the exchange students and so we went Snowboarding. It was again so much fun (for me) and I hope F. also enjoyed it after a slow start. The hill, however, was not so high and so you were down in like 30 sec., had to queue for 5 minutes, 2 minutes in the lift and then 30 sec. down again. I got a little bit bored and started to jump over a small hill on the slope. It went well and was thrilling for a novice like me. Then shortly before the end I wasn't concentrated anymore and somehow lost the board under my feet during the landing. I fell pretty hard onto my head, which was luckily protected by a helmet. Anyways, I was down and didn't know where was up and where was down for a minute or so. Later, since the headache didnt go away and I every now and then had problems to focus things with my eyes, I realized that I probably had a concussion, which is holding on ever since. It is getting better, but I still feel that I made an unpleasant acquaintance with the ground that day.

The Sunday was lazy. We went to the City center one more time, had a coffee and then went back. I had to work for uni and A. and F. were sitting around, doing stuff.

Today, early in the morning. F. left to the airport, A. left to the train station and I went to uni, as mentioned before. However it was a really nice weekend, apart from the accident, which was my own stupidity. Anyways, doesnt matter, I am still alive, the pain is vanishing and I wont stop being stupid... I will go on snowboarding, I will go on motorcycling, I will go on doing whatever I want to do and no one is going to stop me ... :-P ;-)

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment