Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hangover Day!

Today is a typical hangover day! I'm sitting around all day, watching TV and stumbling through the internet. The hangover comes from yesterday's party, which was very nice.

Anyways, on Monday morning I got up early. I went to the bank to change money for the trip to Prague on Friday. However, Bad Honnef is a very small town and the bank just gets once a week foreign currencies; this always happens on Friday afternoons. Since they did not have the money that I needed there the clerk told me it would be easier to just cash out money at an ATM in Prague, so that's what I'm gonna do.

On my way back home I still went to the bakery to get some fresh bread and also bought a croissant for breakfast. Back home I ate and then started learning for the exam, which I wrote that same afternoon. Before going to uni I still had lunch to be fit. The exam, my last exam in the university, went fine and I'm quite sure I passed it. After the exam, we went up to our student bar to have a beer and still be together for a while. In the evening we then went our for a couple more drinks, which was nice.
Yesterday morning I got up early again, had breakfast and went to the uni to work on my thesis proposal. Now I started the tentative outline and will go to my supervisor after coming back from Prague in order to talk to him about the structure of the thesis. In the evening we all met up at the house of our colleagues, who had invited to celebrate the very last exam - some people had their last exam on Tuesday afternoon.

The evening was fun! The flat was too full and it was too warm inside and so everybody was sitting outside on the parking lot. We were sitting around talking and some people played Flunkyball, a drinking game, which wasn't really FlunkyBALL, but rather FlunkySHOE, since we didn't have a ball for the game.
After some time the police came - as always in Bad Honnef - and ended the street party and so we went to a close by bar, where we spent the rest of the evening. It was a good evening and I was talking to many people. I especially liked the conversation I had with F., who I had done my Hotel Engineering project with; we talked for a long time about everything and anything.
I stayed until something like 4 o'clock and went home in the pouring rain. I hadn't brought a jacket and was just in my polo shirt. Luckily there was a lot of paper waste standing at the street and so I took a big piece of cardboard and used it as an umbrella.

This morning I woke up early, for whatever reason, drank loads of water and was just spending the day inside. In between I made lunch, baked Camembert with jam, one thing I always ate on Tenerife in my favorite tapas place!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment