Thursday, November 24, 2011

Always the same...

It's always the same with my university. Before I went to Spain to walk the Camino I wrote my supervisor an e-mail letting him know that I wouldn't be available for my colloquium, my presentation of the thesis, until the middle of November. Just two days into the walk I received an invitation for the colloquium two days later, which I did not read until some days after the appointment.
Anyways, this wasn't my fault that I could not attend the date. When I was back from the walk I called my supervisor and asked for an appointment for a specific period of time and he said that this shouldn't be a problem. Since I did not hear anything from him I called several times to ask for the date, but received no answer.

On Tuesday I received an invitation for my colloquium again. It was supposed to be less than 24 hours later. Since I am at the moment sick or rather fighting an upcoming cold I canceled and asked for a later appointment and also an earlier notification. I think it is incredible to receive an invitation for such an event less than 24 hours before. 
Christmas is coming!

Anyways, somehow I did not expect anything else than that from my university and can't wait for my presentation and with that my studies to be over. The invitation to the colloquium already means that I passed my thesis and am graduated if there are no big discrepancies between my thesis and my presentation. Now my supervisor "will try to reschedule for next Wednesday" and I will prepare for that day.

Nevertheless right now I am a bit annoyed and can't wait for this whole thing to be over. Maybe that also derives from the fact that I am sick and don't feel like doing anything. It's one of these sicknesses where you are too good to lie in bed, but too bad to do anything productive; bloody annoying!
Garfield came to visit!
Anyways, I will now dress and then open the windows to get some fresh air in. Now that the heating is on all the time it's really needed to change the air in the apartment every day once or twice. 

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment