Sunday, October 25, 2009

Intensive Week!

Wow, I just saw that it is only one week ago, that I posted the last time here. It felt so much longer! A. just went to the gym and so I've got some to write here.

Last week I had intensive week, which means, that we had the topic "Hospitality & Travel Trends" and heard many different presentations to this topic. It was quite interesting, as we had professors from the university, people from the tourism industry and also people from the hospitality industry. So we got a good outlook to the future, from many different points of view. However, the uni was pretty empty, as I was just one of the few people who had a course. All the other people were off.

I was nearly the whole week alone in my flat. My flat mates and many of the others living in the house took the opportunity to take some trips. S. and E. went first to Stockholm, came back for maybe 12 hours and then left to St. Petersburg. I was here and was spending some time with J. another Spanish guy, who had the same course as I had. We went to the sauna and were cooking together.

On Thursday we met up with some teachers and executives from Bad Honnef. This week the annual EuroCHRIE conference was held in Helsinki. As my home university is member of the EuroCHRIE they sent eight people over to participate. It was fun to talk to them, to give them some information and especially feedback about the Haaga-Helia University. The best part of the meeting, however, were the free drinks... Therefore here a big thank you to the very generous Mr. Thuy ;-)

On Friday A. came here to Hesa and we rented some movies, were cooking and had a lazy friday evening. On Saturday we went to Seurasaari, which is also known as Squirrel-Island. The island is full of small birds and especially squirrels. They are kinda tame and eat nuts or whatever you give them out of your hand. Really amazing as it can also happen that they are climing up your legs and crawl all over your body. It was really nice. The weather was not the best and it was cold. However the island was beatifully colored and it was a good and in a way relaxing autum day in Finland.
In the evening when we were home A. and I had totally a Christmas feeling. We were drinking tea and roasted the remaining peanuts, which were actually intended to feed the squirrels., with sugar. They tasted really good and were totally addictive, it was not the last time I made them.

Anyways, tomorrow I am still off, but on Tuesday the second period will start and uni will go on. Even tho it means work I am looking forward to the new subjects, as I hope to finally learn something new. Until now I did not really felt challenged here. Let's keep the fingers crossed!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment