Sunday, October 18, 2009

Some spare time!

Finally I found some time to update my blog. My Exams are over, the theme assignment and also all the other assignments are done, now I have three days without anything. It is amazing how the time flies. The first period and this means one quarter of my stay is over already. Next week we have intensive week, which means we have just one course. I am one of the few students who had to take a course, the others will be off to Stockholm and St. Petersburg, I will stay in Helsinki and go to uni.

Last week we were six people living in our flat. E. and S. were asked some weeks ago by a teacher if they could host two German girls for one week. They were in Helsinki for a kind of cultural exchange, which mainly means sightseeing and visits to government agencies. What exactly they are doing I don't know. Also E's girlfriend was here and so we were a little cramped.
However, the day the Germans arrived, S. and I, we went to the airport to pick them up. When we came there, about half an hour before the scheduled arrival we were a little bit shocked. The flight was delayed by one hour. So we had to wait for nearly two hours at the airport, as it took quite a long time until they came out of the terminal. But it didn't matter to us, we took a walk around the airport and had a good time talking about everything and anything

Anyways, when we were finally home we ordered some pizza in to speed up the whole dinner. We had to do that, as we had asked a couple of people over for a small house party with the Germans. I didn't know how many people would come, because S. had organized everything. When the door bell rang and I went to open the door I was astonished how many people were outside wanting to come in. We were playing drinking games, talking and laughing a lot. A typical house party.

The next week was pretty full. We were going out with the Germans a lot, finishing all our assignments and learning for all the exams. Even tho the requirements here in Finland are really low it was a lot of work. But it's always the same, when you start learning like on the day before the exam. I hope everything worked out fine and I will receive good grades.

Now I am again in Turku at A's place. We didn't see each other for two weeks, which was pretty hard and made me really grumpy to everybody around me. I hope they are not mad at me now... Anyways A. and I, we went out to party with some of her friends on Friday, slept long on Saturday and were walking through town. I bought two beanies, a scarf and a pair of gloves. I forgot to bring all my winter stuff from Germany and it's getting colder each and every day here, so I really need these things now. It was snowing slightly the last days already and all the trees are losing their colorful leaves. For some reason I've got sometimes already winter and christmas feeling, which is pretty weird.

Anyways, I will go on doing nothing at all and make it a really lazy sunday... did not have this for ages!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment