Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Helsinki life!

Wow, I can't believe it's already nine days ago since the last time I wrote! Time is passing so fast here and I am occupied all the time. There is nothing really special happening, it's just everyday-life.

Last week A. had her birthday, she turned 22 and so I've been at her place for like 2 days. I left here directly after uni on Tuesday and went straight to Turku, because I am off on Wednessdays anyways. I was packed like a donkey, because I had so much stuff and especially the gifts for A. with me. The morning of her birthday we got up early, because she had to go to uni. She was pretty surprised as she saw my presents. As I do not have the paper and the ribbon to wrap a gift I just made it from old newspaper and other stuff. It actually looked good because it was colorful and twinkly as well.

Her brithday-day we spent preparing the get-together in the evening. A. was making a pie with bacon, peppers, broccoli and egg and I was baking a chocolate-rasberry cake. Awesome! We had so much fun doing it even tho it took sooo long as I was whipping the cream for hours until we realized that we bought normal cream.... no whipping-cream! Anyways, in the end everything worked out perfectly.
When the crowd arrived we just quickly fixed the punch with wine, cider, vodka and frozen strawberries... and what else do I have to say?! Ah ja.... it was a great evening.
We played a drinking game, ate pie and cake, spilled some red wine over the carpet and went out to the club. Because it was Wednessday it was not that full, but we had an awesome time. Dancing, drinking and laughing ...

The next morning after two hours sleep I got up and missed the train... therefore I missed a group meeting for uni, which was pretty bad, my group, well some of them were really mad at me afterwards... understandably!

A. just came then the same day to Helsinki and we spent the weekend here. Cooking with my guys and having a lazy weekend!

This week I finally started to work. I am working in the German school, where I have to supervise children from 1st to 4th grade in the afternoon. It's awesome to just play with them, to be a kid myself again and get paid for it as well. I really enjoy the time there and it's relaxing... sounds stupid, but it is. Today I will go to "work" again, which helps me a lot as living here is super-expensive... even without partying!

Anyways, I enjoy the time here and try not to worry too much about money and health. As long as this works out I am fine and have an awesome time !!!

~M~

2 comments:

  1. the gift wrappings were awesome! I liked the toilet paper roll, and the band made out of a crisp bag! hehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to know the date A. was born - for sending birthday greetings in future
    ~J~

    ReplyDelete