Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This is it!

Hey guys and readers,

This is my first Blog entry. Please bear with me for spelling, grammar and other mistakes. I am writing in English, which is not my mother tongue, to make it international.

This blog should be about my passion, traveling. Until now I am not that experienced, but I realized that I want to see the world. Not as a tourist, but as a traveler. This may sound weird and a little bit naive, as we all are tourist in some way. But I think its a difference, if you fly 10.000 miles to be in an all-inclusive hotel, which you are just leaving for guided tourist tours and to visit all over crowded religious sites, which totally lost their former purpose or if you go to the countries of the world to live with the people and learn about their cultures.

I am influenced by the TV Show Madventures from Finland, which shows that the world holds more than tourist centers in Thailand, the Ballermann in Mallorca or Cancun in Mexico. Right now I am still in Germany, where I was born, but which is, and I realized this more and more during the last two years, is not really my country. I am more and more annoyed about the way people act and react and also I think nobody really understands me here, my humor and my way of thinking. As I didn't see so much of the world yet, until now I did not leave Europe, I can not say where I'm going to end up.

Next stop will be Finland. As part of my studies I am going to spend the next year in the capital, Helsinki. From there I already planned an ultra-short travel to Croatia.

This blog, as mentioned will be about traveling, but also about my life. Especially when I am away I want to report about what I am doing. I hope at least some people will read this ... otherwise it will be a good diary, which is held to the public!

So far....
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment