Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snowy Times.

It's been a long since I wrote here, but I was pretty occupied the last weeks. I was writing about 20 assignments and reports and had three exams. Also I had to do some Christmas shopping and there were a lot of parties and dinners. So no time to write here.

Anyways, now it is over, the presents are bought and I am right now in Ekenäs at A's parent's house, where we are going to spend Christmas. I am alone right now, A. went working and her parents somehow to town and so I found some time to wrap some Christmas presents.

Yesterday I packed all the stuff I need for Christmas, brought S., one of my flatmates, to the airport and said "see you later" to M. one of my neighbors. It is weird to know that we all are going home for Christmas, but next year just few familiar faces are returning to Helsinki. We had such a good time during the last five months together. It makes me really sad, that they are not coming back.

In the last weeks it was pretty cold up here. Minus 20°C and loads of snow. Especially in the last three days we got a lot and more is coming on Wednesday. A. and I went out yesterday with a mixture between sledge and ice-skates. It's a thing made to go over ice or really packed snow. We went around through the village and were sliding along the icy roads. When we came home we had a sauna and were chillaxing the evening.

I am right now really getting a Christmas feeling here. It is wonderful. The whole house is full of Christmas stuff and it is snowing all the time. The radio plays Christmas songs, just AWESOME! I hope the snow is staying and we will have a white Christmas. This would be so nice.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment